Your source for all things Shocking, Hilarious, Extreme and Full of Gore!


Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What Grinds My Gears: Forced Public Apologies













We learned as children that an apology is not about the words, it's about intent. We've all been part of this convo:

"Say you're sorry."
"sorry"
"...like you mean it."
"Uggghhhhhh, I'm Soooorry"

Verbally admiitting that one effed up means nothing unless the apology is sincere and voluntary. Because of this, there came a time in my life where the need for an apolgy seemed childish (I believe I was 7). Why then, I ask, do the grown adults who allegedly RUN this country whine like little bitches when they get made fun of? I mean, is saying "Political Figure A is not smart" REALLY that big of a deal? Apparently so, and subsequenty the offender, contrary to the logic of a seven-year-old, needs to stand on a podium in front of cameras and pretend to be sorry for what he did.

Even WORSE is when the General Public wants an apology when they weren't even victims...AT ALL!! Let's take South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford. He cheated on his wife. Tell me...how does anyone other than his WIFE deserve an apology!?!?! Even if he DID owe the sensitive, state of South Carol-WHINE-a an apology, all he's REALLY saying is "To all those I hurt...I really wish I didn't get caught. Next time, I'll try harder NOT to." Wow, I sure feel better after that apology!



1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious. I needed to read this again, haha. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete